Nurse of the Month
The Division of Nursing Services at IHS headquarters is pleased to announce the "Nurse of the Month" recognition program for all nurses across the IHS, tribal, and urban Indian organization health system. This recognition will highlight the incredible nurses, including registered nurses, advanced practice nurses, LPNs, and others, across the agency who are committed to providing quality healthcare through nursing.
The "Nurse of the Month" recognition program will feature an individual each month who has been nominated and will be celebrated as the "Nurse of the Month" on various IHS digital platforms. This program will build recognition and visibility each month for nursing contributions throughout the year. Nominations for the initial recognition are due by May 15, 2021, and then by the 15th of each month thereafter. The IHS Division of Nursing Services will continue recognizing nurses and we invite you to submit your nomination using the instructions listed below.
Please email your scanned copy of the printable form to the Division of Nursing Services.
- Nominee status: Nurses employed within the Indian Health Service, Tribal sites and Urban Clinics
- Recipients selected once per month beginning June 2021
- Nurses must be actively involved in any nursing specialty or nursing rolee
- Time frame covers the past calendar year
Nomination narrative must include one of the following:
- Major achievement(s) in the nominee’s primary clinical or administrative nursing specialty or role
- Contributions to the enhancement of the nursing profession through innovation, facilitation of change, and/or the use of evidence-based practice.
NOTE: All nominations must be submitted in narrative format. The nomination is limited to one page. Nominations received in excess of one page will be returned.
Nomination packages will include:
- Signatures of the immediate supervisor AND the CEO of the facility
Nominations must be submitted via email to the IHS Division of Nursing by the 15th of every month to be considered for the following month’s selection process
A panel comprised of DNS staff will review all complete nomination packages and select the recipient each month. Announcement of the recipient will be announced via email.