- FTCA coverage compared to malpractice insurance (IHS memo, 2008)
- IHS memo to Area Directors and Chief Medical Officers, 2004
- IHS memo to health care providers, 2004
- Authority to use personal service contracts and how the FTCA would cover their services (HHS memo, 1997)
- FTCA coverage for health services performed in community settings (IHS memo, 2008) Clarification of the extent of FTCA coverage (two memos)
- FTCA document requests to be completed within 45 days (IHS memo, 2010)
A doctor has the common law duty to get the knowledgeable, or informed, consent of a patient or legal representative before a procedure. Different states have different informed consent standards. Learn more in Section IV of the Risk Management Manual.
Standard of Care
- National Practitioner Data Bank
The National Practitioner Data Bank contains a practitioner’s licensure, professional society memberships, medical malpractice payment history, and record of clinical privileges.