Health Issues - Cancer
Strategic Plan to Increase Colorectal Cancer Screening Among American Indians and Alaska Natives Executive Summary (updated May 2013) [PDF - 91KB]
- Annual Report of the Nation on the Status of Cancer, 1975-2004, Featuring Cancer in American Indians and Alaska Natives [PDF]
Cancer Mortality Among AI/AN: Regional Differences, 1999–2003 [PDF-3.4MB]
- Cancer Mortality Counts, Rates, Rate Ratios, and Rate Differences by IHS Region, AI/AN and Non-Hispanic Whites††(NHW), United States, 1999-2003 [PDF-1.8MB]
- All Cancer Sites, Cancer Mortality Counts, Rates, Rate Ratios, and Rate Differences by IHS Region, AI/AN and All Races Combined, United States, 1999-2003 [PDF-1.8MB]
Regional Patterns and Trends in Cancer Mortality among American Indians and Alaska Natives, 1990-2001 [PDF-436KB]
A Survey of Indian Health Service and Tribal Health Providers' Colorectal Cancer Screening Knowledge, Perceptions, and Practices
ACS - American Cancer Society
This is a comprehensive site for all kinds of cancer information from a non-profit organization. Includes information on prevention, early detection, and treatment information as well as links to support groups and local organizations and resources.
The Cancer Prevention and Control website contains information on monitoring, research, public health programs, and education.
- Association of Cancer Online Sources
A free online lifeline for everyone affected by cancer & related disorders
- NCI - National Cancer Institute
Is a comprehensive online resource that enables users to quickly find accurate and up-to-date information on all types of cancer, clinical trials (research studies), research programs, funding opportunities, cancer statistics, and the Institute itself.
§ Cancer Information Service, 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237), is a free public service that provides information/education about cancer to patients, their families, health professionals and the general public.
Native American Resources
- Native American Cancer Research
This is a community-based, American Indian, non-profit resource that is dedicated to helping improve the lives of Native American cancer patients and survivors.
- Native C.I.R.C.L.E.
Native C.I.R.C.L.E. is a resource center providing cancer-related materials to health care professionals and lay people involved in education, care and treatment. Spirit of Eagles Native Leadership on Cancer takes a comprehensive approach to cancer control through partnerships with the Network for Cancer Control Research.
- Alaska Native Epidemiology Center
Recent publications on topics related to cancer and mortality data.
Public Health Resources
BACK TO TOP