Mid-Atlantic Service Unit
Address400 N. 8th Street, Rm. G-63
Richmond, VA 23219
Telephone: (804) 622-0011 or (804) 622-0012
Fax: (804) 622-0010
The Mid-Atlantic Service Unit serves 7 mid-Atlantic Tribes sharing territory with the Commonwealth of Virginia. Those Tribes consist of the Pamunkey Indian Tribe, the Chickahominy Indian Tribe, the Chickahominy Indian Tribe Eastern Division, the Upper Mattaponi Indian Tribe, the Rappahannock Tribe Inc., the Monacan Indian Nation and the Nansemond Indian Tribe.
To raise the physical, mental, social and spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level.
Healthy communities and quality health care systems through strong partnerships and culturally responsive practices.
Purchased and Referred Care (PRC)
Purchased/Referred Care (PRC) is health care purchased by the Indian Health Service (IHS) from non IHS providers and facilities when direct services of care are not available.
PRC funds are used in situations where:
- No IHS direct care facility exists.
- The direct care facility cannot provide the required emergency or specialty care.
- The direct care facility has an overflow of medical care workload.
PRC is limited to services that are medically indicated within the established medical priorities. See links below for more information.
PRC Staff Members
To inquire about the PRC program or to receive assistance, the following staff are available.
- Tabitha Garrett
- Justine Charity
If an emergency referral is needed on weekend or holiday, please contact your Tribe’s assigned PRC Technician to leave a message or leave a message on one of our main lines at (804) 622-0011 or (804) 622-0012.
It is our goal to return your call the following business day.
Monacan Health Center
111 Highview Drive
Madison Heights, VA 24572
(434) 300-5057 or (434) 300-5058
Fax: (434) 849-8396
Chickahominy Eastern Division Health Center
2895 Mt. Pleasant Road
Providence Forge, VA 23140
Community Health Technician (CHT)
Community Health Technicians (CHT) provide quality outreach related to community-based health promotion and disease prevention services.
CHT program provides assistance for the following:
- Assist with translating medication instructions as needed
- Picks up medications at pharmacies and deliver to homes
- Delivery of supplies to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Provides healthy lifestyle habits to all clients
- Assists with community disease prevention education
- Assists with community COVID-19 testing and flu vaccination events
To inquire about the CHT program or to receive assistance, the following staff are available.
- For Chickahominy and Eastern Chickahominy: Shannon Spencer at (804) 546-6748
- For Rappahannock: Alissa Nelson at (804) 334-0978
- For Monacan: Lucille Curry at (804) 334-0756
- For Nansemond: Vacant
- For Pamunkey: Vacant
- For Upper Mattaponi: Vacant
Mid-Atlantic Service Unit currently provides prescription assistance through a contract with Walgreens. Eligible tribal members who are enrolled through PRC will receive a pharmacy card. For any issues, please contact your Tribe’s assigned PRC Technician or leave a message at (804) 622-0011 or (804) 622-0012.
For testing, please contact your Tribe’s assigned PRC Technician or leave a message at (804) 622-0011 or (804) 622-0012.
Please visit our Facebook page .