2022 Catalog: All Courses
DE0288: IHS Monthly EDR Series: Clinical Records & Patient Records Management, continuing the “IHS Dentrix Clinic Manager’s Handbook” series [Recorded Webinar]
This session will recap the Handbook guidance from October and November  webinars and cover new information on Clinical Records Management, and begin new instruction on Patient Records Management. The webinar will identify sections [within Dentrix] of patient records management; identify key uses of the [Handbook] Patient Records Management chapter; and provide live demonstration of [recommended] Patient Records workflows in Dentrix Enterprise. The presentation will reference the Dentrix Users’ Guide and internal Dentrix “Help” function for details on how to perform specific operations.
Presenter: Jessica Napiza
Jessica’s 5 years of certification as a Certified Trainer, Dentrix Workshop Instructor and Software Training Manager for the Dentrix Enterprise team provide a remarkable background knowledge of the Henry Schein One software products. Her 16 years as a dental practice management professional paved the way to developing strong processes and policies within the dental practice. Jessica firmly believes that efficiency and communication are integral keys to the success of any dental organization. Jessica engulfs herself in everything dentistry, including giving back through non-profit organizations. With great pride and accomplishment, she accepted the honor of being a Spirit of Dentrix Award recipient in 2017 and Dentrix Enterprise ROY Award in 2018.
1. Brief recap of the October 2019 webinar: Introducing the IHS Dentrix Clinic Manager’s Handbook
• Review of the history and purpose of the IHS Dentrix Clinic Manager’s Handbook
• Review of the IHS Dentrix Clinic Manager’s Handbook chapters
2. Finish Clinical Records Management chapter
3. Review the Patient Records Management chapter
• Identify sections of patient records management
• Deeper dive into best practice for patient records management
4. How to implement the Patient Records Management resource into the dental clinic
• Identify key uses of the Patient Records Management chapter
• Live demonstration of patient records workflows in Dentrix Enterprise
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Define Patient Records Management
2. Identify 2 workflow accountability tools for patient records
3. Identify 2 areas to store patient notes within Dentrix Enterprise
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity. The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices. No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted independent of any commercial entity.
Participants should be end users of the IHS Electronic Dental Record.
Please Make Checks Payable to: Indian Health Service.
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course. If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.