Adding a Student
The Division of Oral Health uses two basic course types: Standard (or dated) courses and “By Request” courses. Standard courses use the Lottery system to select registered and waitlisted students.
Course Directors negotiate with students on attendance in “By Request” courses. For this reason, the lottery cannot populate these courses. The Course Director must add students. The CDE website currently allows the addition of one student at any time to the registered students list for a “By Request” course.
To add a student to the Registered Students list for a “By Request” course, follow these steps:
- Click the “My Instruct” tab in main navigation
- Click the Course Number to go to the Course Detail page of the “By Request” course for which you want to add the student
- In the Registered Students list on the right side of the page, click the “Add Student” link to go to the Add Student form
- Enter the student's name and click the “Search” button
- Select the student, enter the anticipated start date, end date, and location into the form
- Click the “Submit” button to finalize the entry and register the student for the course