As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan [mura]$.showExitDisclaimer()[/mura]
In general, contacting students using email has two phases: A) go to the course and B) identify the students to contact.
To contact students using email, follow these steps:
Note: You must be logged in to the CDE website to perform this operation.
A) Go to the course
- Click the “My Instruct” tab in main navigation
- Click the Course Number of the course for which you want to send a message
B) Identify the students to contact
Under the Tools on the right side of the page, select the type of email to send based on conditions given.
- To send a predefined 12-week notification, click the “Send 12-week notification” link under the Registered Students list
- To email registered students, click the “Email Registered Students” link under the Registered Students list
- To email attending students, click the “Email Attending Students” link under the Registered Students list
- To email waitlisted students, click the “Email Waitlisted Students” link under the Waitlisted Students list beneath the Registered Students list
Note: Any of these actions will open a new message in your default mail program with students' and supervisors' emails pre-typed
- Enter the message that you want to send to the indicated students (you can even change the pre-defined 12-week notification message)
- Click the “Send” button to send the email
If you have any questions about this site please email: IHS CDE Coordinator