Division of Facilities Planning and Construction
FY2017 Small Ambulatory Program Application Materials
Applications are now closed
The Division of Health Facilities Planning and Construction is responsible for the planning and program management of:
- Health Care Facility Construction
- Small Ambulatory Health Center Grants
- Youth Regional Treatment Centers
- Joint Venture Demonstration
- Dental Facilities Program
- M & M Renovation and Expansion Projects
- Post-Occupancy Evaluation
- Health Systems Planning
- Facilities Project Approval Agreements
Learn more about our Program Authorities .
To promote and facilitate engineering planning and construction support for the IHS national facilities program by developing and enhancing relationships among Tribes, area offices, and Service Unit engineers and related professionals dealing in building health care systems.
Attainment of the IHS and DHHS missions.
The DFPC mission is achieved by:
- Maintaining a priority list based on relative need.
- Supporting tribes when they choose to assume facilities-related responsibilities.
- Planning health care and associated facilities to minimize facility life-cycle costs.
- Planning, promoting, & constructing improvements to existing facilities where they are not optimally functional.
- Planning & constructing new facilities when existing facilities do not exist or cannot be effectively improved.
- Developing state-of-the-art facilities with efficient and effective facilities planning.
- Targeting the unmet need with limited resources for maximum effectiveness.
- Be a Relevant Global Health Care Facilities Engineering Division in support of Public Health.