Technical assistance is provided to DVPI projects from IHS Project Officers and Tribal Epidemiology Centers.
IHS Project Officers are assigned to each of the 12 IHS Areas and provide:
- Direct programmatic technical assistance (for all grantees and IHS Federal project awardees in each IHS Area.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for questions related to the project scope of work, budget, timeline and other required project tasks and documentation.
Tribal Epidemiology Centers assist projects in each of the 12 IHS Areas and to urban Indian organizations to:
- Provide technical assistance for funded projects to establish baseline data related to their MSPI/DVPI funded projects.
- Assist sites with revising their plans for local data collection
- Provide technical assistance for funded projects to monitor trends on baseline data
- Provide site visits for tailored technical assistance, as funding permits
- Provide virtual site visits for tailored technical assistance for all funded projects