The Indian Health Service residencies offer an excellent opportunity to learn and to improve the healthcare of Native Americans. Each of the IHS pharmacy residency programs offer unique and rewarding experiences. In addition to learning in a progressive practice setting, you can experience being immersed in the cultural diversity and recreational opportunities. While most of the programs are conducted over one year, several IHS pharmacy residency programs are conducted as two-year, non-traditional programs. Enjoy learning in a multidisciplinary and friendly team environment!
After reviewing the information on this website through the How to Apply and Frequently Asked Questions and the Pharmacy Practice Residencies, should you require additional information, please contact our Residency Information Specialist.
- Pharmacy managed clinics
- Opportunities for use of clinical skills
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Quality relationships with patients and providers
- Opportunities to positively influence patient care
- Use of technology (Electronic Health Record, dispensing automation ) to provide quality pharmaceutical care
- Diverse practice settings