Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
- IHS Home
- Suicide Prevention
The American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) National Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan is a national initiative addressing suicide prevention, based on fostering collaborations across Tribes, Tribal organizations, Urban Indian organizations, and the Indian Health Service (IHS). This site is designed to provide resources to support suicide prevention efforts, and to help communities and individuals understand and obtain services related to suicide.
- Assist AI/AN programs and communities in addressing suicide by using community-level, cultural approaches.
- Identify and share information on best and promising practices.
- Improve access to behavioral health services.
- Strengthen data capture and aggregation capabilities.
- Promote collaboration between AI/AN communities and national, state, and local agencies.