Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
The American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) National Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan is a national initiative to address suicide prevention based on fostering collaborations across tribes, Tribal organizations, Urban Indian organizations, and the entire Indian Health System. This site is designed to highlight existing resources to support suicide prevention efforts, strengthen protective factors, and help communities and individuals begin to recover from the grief caused by suicide.
- Assist (AI/AN) programs and communities in addressing suicide by using community-level, cultural approaches.
- Identify and share information on best and promising practices.
- Improve access to behavioral health services.
- Strengthen our epidemiological capabilities.
- Promote collaboration between AI/AN communities and national, state, and local agencies.