As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
The American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) National Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan is a national initiative addressing suicide prevention, based on fostering collaborations across Tribes, Tribal organizations, Urban Indian organizations, and the Indian Health Service (IHS). This site is designed to provide resources to support suicide prevention efforts, and to help communities and individuals understand and obtain services related to suicide.
- Assist AI/AN programs and communities in addressing suicide by using community-level, cultural approaches.
- Identify and share information on best and promising practices.
- Improve access to behavioral health services.
- Strengthen data capture and aggregation capabilities.
- Promote collaboration between AI/AN communities and national, state, and local agencies.
Learn more about Community Crisis Response efforts in Indian Country.
IHS Suicide Prevention and Care Program
Pamela End of Horn, MSW, LICSW
National Suicide Prevention Consultant
Division of Behavioral Health
Office of Clinical and Preventive Services
Indian Health Service Headquarters
Mail Stop: 08N34-A
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD 20857