Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS)
The Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) is a defined benefit, contributory retirement system. If you are covered under the CSRS Offset your retirement options are the same as a CSRS employee.
You are under CSRS if:
- You were first hired prior to January 1, 1984 in a covered position (CSRS retirement contributions were withheld), or
- You were rehired under a covered position after a break in service of less than one year from a CSRS position.
You are under CSRS Offset if:
- You were rehired in a covered position after a break in service of more than one year and had at least five years of creditable civilian service by January 1, 1987.
Estimating Your Annuity
- Government Retirement and Benefits (GRB) Platform - Retirement Calculator
- Credit for Unused Sick Leave