Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
DES is responsible for the development and publication of a number of guidance documents related to the design and construction of IHS health care facilities.
- 2016 Microgrid Modular Design for Tribal Healthcare Facilities [PDF - 393 KB]
- 2016 A/E Design Guide [PDF - 2.2 MB]
- 2015 Construction/Contracting Desk Guide [PDF - 844 KB]
- 2014 A/E Source Selection Guide [PDF - 475 KB]
- 2013 A/E Design Guide [PDF - 3.3 MB]
- 2010 A/E Design Guide [PDF - 1.2 MB]
- 2011 PL 93-638 Construction Technical Assistance Guide [PDF - 6.3 MB]
- 2011 PL 93-638 Construction Technical Assistance Guide Errata 1 (May 2015) [PDF - 88 KB]
- 2011 PL 93-638 Construction Technical Assistance Guide Errata 2 (March 2016) [PDF - 105 KB]
- GSA Lease Process [PDF - 496 KB]
- Leases and Contracts [PDF - 386 KB]
For updates to the A/E Design Guide, DES wishes to build upon the experiences of Headquarters staff, Area Office staff, Service Unit staff, and Tribal members who have participated in past new construction, renovation, and maintenance and improvement projects and who are responsible for the operations of existing facilities. To that end, we would like to solicit ideas for improvements to the A/E Design Guide based upon those experiences. Recommendations and comments may be submitted at any time to Joseph Bermes, Deputy Director for Architecture and Engineering.