As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
IHS and other Federal agencies provide grants, benefit programs for individuals and families, loans, and contracting opportunities.
U.S. Government Grants & Funding Resources
Find information from all Federal agencies.
- Find and apply for a grant (Grants.gov)
- Check your eligibility for government benefits (Benefits.gov)
- Check availability of government loans (Govloans.gov)
- Find business contracting opportunities (FedBizOpps)
- Find descriptions of all Federal assistance programs (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance, CFDA)
Find Grant Opportunities
Get information about IHS grant programs, grant application processes, and grant management.
- In-depth search for available HHS grant opportunities, including IHS grants (Grants.gov)
Refine your search by agency, eligibility, and category. Potential funding opportunities are now included on the Grants.gov site (formerly HHS Grants Forecast).
Learn to Manage IHS Grants
- Use these Tips for Preparing Grant Applications
- Find IHS grant management information
- Learn about the IHS Grants Management Process
See Grants Awarded by HHS and Its Agencies
- Track Grant Award Information (TAGGS):
- Learn how the Federal Government spends its funds (USASpending.gov)
HHS Education & Training Funding
Learn about internships, scholarships, and career opportunities that assist students and provide education and training opportunities.
- Find Loans and Scholarships for Health Professionals (HRSA)
- Find health care research training and education opportunities (AHRQ)
- Locate public health training resources and opportunities at the CDC Learning Connection
- Learn about the Student Training and Extern Program at the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (PHS)
- Find information from National Institutes of Health (NIH):
- Find information on Indian Health Service (IHS) Education & Training Funding:
Information for Doing Business with Government
- Find HHS contracting opportunities at Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps.gov)
- Small businesses (Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization, OSDBU):
- Guidance on Allowable Contracting Costs Associated with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act [PDF - 664 KB]
- Competition Advocate/Task and Delivery Order Ombudsman
- HHS Vendor Communication Plan, 2014
- Interagency Contract Directory (ICD) was created to help agencies take better advantage of interagency contracts by supporting market research and the identification of suitable contracts that can facilitate the efficient and effective placement of orders, including with small and disadvantaged businesses. See instructions for using the directory. [PDF]