Grants Training Tools
The IHS Division of Grants Management, Office of Management Services, is a key functional area within IHS Headquarters and is responsible for providing quality grant-related training functions to all our stakeholders. The grants staff is dedicated to empowering our IHS grant community with the required knowledge and training required for continued compliance of IHS policies, Indian laws, and HHS legislative and regulatory requirements.
All training posted on the Training Tools page has been approved by the Chief Grants Management Officer, Divison of Grants Management. These materials are available for immediate use.
These training tools will assist you in becoming much more efficient with the IHS grants management process and provide instructions for completing all aspects of the pre- and post- grant award functions, monitoring and reporting requirements, and proficient in the use of grants tools, from start-up straight to the closeout process.
The IHS Division of Grants Management is no longer hosting live training for GrantSolutions. Alternatives are being explored and developed, and will be announced here as soon as one is available. Please continue contacting the GrantSolutions Help Desk for assistance, at email@example.com, or by phone at (202) 401-5282 or (866) 577-0771. You may also reach out to your Grants Management Specialist, or to Mr. Paul Gettys
You must have a GrantSolutions account to access the system. Please go to GrantSolutions - Getting Started . Be sure to select the correct form - Grantees scroll down to the "Recipient User" section. Federal users will need to submit the completed, signed form by e-mail to Mr. Paul Gettys. Grantee users please follow the instructions on the GrantSolutions page where you download the form.
- IHS Discretionary Grants Cycle
- Funding Opportunity Announcement Process [PDF - 248 KB]
- Grants and Cooperative Agreements [PDF - 266 KB]
IHS Objective Reviews
- Objective Review Training [PDF - 483 KB]
- If you are interested in serving as a grant application reviewer for one or more of our funding opportunities, please fill out this online form. Click the Submit button once you have completed the form. Your information will be sent to the recruiters who provide us with reviewers and chairs.
- Financial Reporting [PDF - 593 KB]
IHS Financial Reporting Training
- Division of Payment Management Grant Recipient Training Schedule
Schedule of training sessions hosted by the Division of Payment Management on Payment Management Service for recipient organizations. Also has links to other training materials and further information.
- Payment Management System Roles and Responsibilities
Overview of the Payment Management System's Roles and Responsibilities.
- Grant Recipient FAQs
The PMS Grant Recipient FAQs answer respond to common questions, many of which are specific to the Federal Financial Report (FFR or SF-425).
- Carryover Training [PDF - 520 KB]
- Closeout Requirements [PDF - 506 KB]
- No Cost Extensions
- OMB Cost Principles [PDF - 818 KB]
- Performance Progress Reports (SF-PPR) [PDF - 246 KB]
- Program, Grants and Policy Work Together [PDF - 191 KB]
- Progress Reports Requirements [PDF - 333 KB]
IHS Electronic Grant Systems
- Grant Application Process (Grants.gov)
Provides a brief overview of the application process and the steps required to register as a Grants.gov user to apply for IHS Funding Opportunities.
- Grants.gov Grants Learning Center
Provides information on a wide range of grants topics.
- GrantSolutions Grant Recipient Support and Reference
Provides links to all guides and resource materials relating to the Grantee interface for GrantSolutions. GrantSolutions also provides a link to the latest Account Request form here.
- GrantSolutions Grantee Training videos
Training videos, hosted by GrantSolutions, including "Introduction to GrantSolutions for Grantees," and "GrantSolutions Post-Award Activities for Grantees."
- Request a GrantSolutions Grantee account
Scroll down to the Grantee User section and click the link for the Grantee User Account Request form. Once filled out and signed, return it to the GrantSolutions Help Desk to receive a GrantSolutions account.