EEOC Laws (Enforced by DMEEO)
What Are The Federal Laws Prohibiting Job Discrimination?
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA), as amended, which protects men and women who perform substantially equal work in the same establishment from sex-based wage discrimination.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), as amended, which protects individuals who are 40 years of age or older.
- Section 501 and 505 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities who work in the federal government.
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, which amended Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions. Such acts constitute unlawful sex discrimination.
- Title I and V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ( ADA), as amended, which has been interpreted to apply to employment discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities who work in the federal government.
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991, which amends Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, provides monetary damages in cases of intentional employment discrimination.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) enforces all of these laws. EEOC also provides oversight and coordination of all federal equal employment opportunity regulations, practices, and policies.
More Information Links
- Affirmative Action Plan for the Recruitment, Hiring, Advancement, and Retention of Persons with Disabilities FY2019 [PDF - 76 KB]
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Genetic information Non- Discrimination Act of 2008
- (EEOC) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Guidelines on Sexual Harassment
- EEOC Management Directive 715
- Indian Preference
- No Fear Act:
- Questions and Answers: No FEAR Act
- EEO Data Posted Pursuant to the NoFear Act [PDF - 211 KB]
For 1st Quarter 2022 for period ending December 31, 2021
- EEO Data Posted Pursuant to the NoFear Act [PDF - 213 KB]
For 4th Quarter 2021 for period ending September 30, 2021
- EEO Data Posted Pursuant to the NoFear Act [PDF - 226 KB]
For 3rd Quarter 2021 for period ending June 30, 2021
- EEO Data Posted Pursuant to the NoFear Act [PDF - 282]
2021 2nd Quarter: Period Ending March 31, 2021
- EEO Data Posted Pursuant to the NoFear Act[PDF - 726 KB]
(2020 4th Quarter: Period ending September 30, 2020)
- Whistleblower Disclosures to OSC Lead to VA Reforms [PDF]
- Executive Order 13583 of 2011
- Civil Service Reform Act 1978
- Collective Bargaining Agreement By and Between the Department of Health and Human Services and Indian Health Service Laborers' International Union of North America, Local Unions #205, #888, #1376, and IHS National Council - [PDF].