IHS.gov Documents Standard
All documents posted on IHS.gov will be Section 508 compliance, in final format and have appropriate approval from within IHS before posting.
- All documents (PDF, Word, Excel, PPT) have been verified Section 508 compliant by the OIT technical writer group
- Documents must be located in the websites respective /documents/ folder
- Documents must be of the file type Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc), Microsoft Excel (.xls) or Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt). No other formats are acceptable to post
- All documents must be linked to from the page their documents folder is found on. If they are not they must be deleted.
- When a document is posted on an IHS.gov website, the respective plug-in must be present in the footer of the page.
Justification and Reasoning:
This standard ensures that all documentation found on IHS.gov is Section 508 compliant, accurate, necessary and in a format that is industry standard.