How to Apply
The application submission period for this funding opportunity ended on March 16, 2022.
The information below is made available for archive purposes only.
The National Health Coach Pilot Project is open to all interested participants who are active or certified in the following professions:
- Health Educator
- Diabetes Prevention Educator
- Dietitian or Nutritionist
- Behavioral Health Counselor
- Nurse Educator
- Fitness Specialist
- Healthcare Provider
All applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Be available to commit for 6 months to complete all required course work
- Provide evidence of employment
- Dedicate 2-4 hours per week to learn course content over 6 months
- Attend all 26 weekly, virtual web-based learning sessions (once per week at 2 hours per session)
- Complete a brief evaluation after each session
- Complete all mock coaching and mentor sessions for Practical Coaching Skills Assessment
- Complete all assignments for each module and two (2) comprehensive exams
Kick-off call – Wednesday, March 30th (1 pm – 3 pm ET)
Cohort 1 will start Wednesday, April 6th (1 pm – 3 pm ET)
Web-based Training: April-October 2022.