2017 funding awards were announced on September 30, 2017. The information below is made available for archive purposes only.
The 2017 DVPI Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) was announced in July, 2017. The purpose of the DVPI NOFO was to expand outreach and increase awareness of domestic and sexual violence, provide victim advocacy, intervention, case coordination, policy development, community response teams, community and school education programs, and forensic healthcare services. DVPI has two Purpose Areas:
- Purpose Area 1: Domestic and Sexual Violence Prevention, Advocacy, and Coordinated Community Responses.
- Purpose Area 2: Forensic Health Care Services.
Potential applicants could apply for either Purpose Area 1 or 2. Existing DVPI recipients were not eligible; only new applicants were eligible to apply.
This NOFO was open to tribes, tribal organizations, and Urban Indian Organizations (UIOs). Existing DVPI recipients were not eligible; only new applicants were eligible to apply.
Supporting documents and templates to assist in the NOFO application process are listed below under the templates section.
For tribes, tribal organizations, and UIOs:
The DVPI NOFO for tribes, tribal organizations, and UIOs was announced via the Federal Register on July 28, 2017. Any applicants defined as one of these organizations had to apply via the grant application process at Grants.gov.
For IHS Federal Facilities:
The DVPI federal program funding opportunity was announced via IHS on July 28, 2017. Applicants defined as a federal facility (IHS Area Office, service unit, clinic or hospital) had to apply through the federal program funding opportunity announcement listed below.
- New Federal Facility Applicants:
This federal program funding opportunity was available specifically for NEW APPLICANTS – Existing funded DVPI federal facilities were not eligible; only new applicants were eligible to apply. Download the Federal program funding opportunity announcement. [PDF - 112 KB]
Application Templates and Examples
The following template documents were made available for the application process.
- DVPI Proposal TEMPLATE (including instructions) [DOC - 35 KB]
- DVPI One-year Timeline Chart TEMPLATE [DOC - 26 KB]
- Biographical Sketch TEMPLATE [DOC - 22 KB]
- Budget and Budget Narrative TEMPLATE [DOC - 25 KB]
- DVPI Purpose Area 1: Local Data Collection Plan [DOC - 22 KB]
- DVPI Purpose Area 2: Local Data Collection Plan [DOC - 25 KB]
- Example One-year Timeline Chart [PDF - 76 KB]
- Example Biographical Sketch [PDF - 36 KB]
- Example Budget and Budget Narrative [PDF - 76 KB]
- DVPI Area Allocations [PDF - 19 KB]
Tips for Preparing a Strong Application
Tips for Preparing a Strong Application [PDF - 40 KB]
Technical Assistance Webinar
A technical assistance webinar was held on August 10, 2017 for those interested in applying for the DVPI notice of funding opportunity. Guidance was provided to tribes, tribal organizations, UIOs, and federal facilities on how to apply, including a brief overview of the new funding cycle; application and submission process requirements; proposal requirements; and a review of proposal templates and examples.
Listen to the recording of "How to Apply: 2017 DVPI Notice of Funding Opportunity Announcement Overview"
Download the NOFO webinar presentation [PDF - 344 KB]