As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
100th Congress – 1987 and 1988
PL. 100-713 (HR 5261*) [PDF - 3.4 MB]
Indian Health Care Improvement Act Amendments of 1987.
- 07/15/87 – H.Report 100-222, Part 1 (HR2290) [PDF - 4.4 MB]
- 12/08/87 – H.Report 100-222, Part 2 (HR2290) [PDF - 3.3 MB]
- 09/14/88 – S. Report 100-508 (S.129) [PDF - 5.1 MB]
- 10/12/88 – H.Conference Report 100-1075 (HR5261)* [PDF - 4.7 MB]
*HR 5261 Legislative Passage
[In lieu of, and refining, HR2290/S129 this Bill was the one enacted in the 100th Congress]
- 09/07/88 – Referred to House Committee on Energy and Commerce and the House Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs.
- 09/13/88 – Passed House by Voice Vote.
- 09/28/88 – Passed Senate with an amendment by Voice Vote.
- 09/28/88 – Senate Conferees: Inouye; Melcher; DeConcini; Burdick; Daschle; Evans; Murkowski; McCain.
- 10/04/88 – House Conferees: Dingell, Madigan, Waxman, Nielson (UT), Wyden, Udall, Young (AK), Campbell, Richardson, Rhodes.
- 10/12/88 – Conference Report 100-1075 Filed in House.
- 11/14/88 – Presented to President.
- 11/23/88 – Signed by President. Became Public Law No: 100-713.