As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
107th Congress – 2001 and 2002
S.212 [PDF – 6.1 MB]
A bill to amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to revise and extend such act. Sponsor: Campbell, R-Colo.
- 1/30/2001 – Introduced and referred to the Committee on Indian Affairs. (text of measure as introduced located in Congressional Record at pags S735-773)
S2711 [PDF-94 KB]
A bill to reauthorize and improve programs relating to Native Americans. Sponsor: Inouye, D-Hawaii.
Section 9003, FY2002 and FY2003 IHCIA reauthorization.
Other acts incorporated into this failed bill, the Native American Omnibus Act of 2002:
Assiniboine and Sioux Tribes Ft. Peck Judgment Fund Distribution Act of 2002
Gila River Indian Community Judgment Fund Distribution Act of 2002
Indian Probate Reform Act of 2002
T'uf Shur Bien Preservation Trust Area Act
Zuni Indian Tribe Water Rights Settlement Act of 2002
- 7/9/2002 – Read twice and referred to the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs.
- 7/18/2002 – Senate Committee on Indian Affairs ordered bill to be reported with amendments favorably.
- 8/28/2002 – Committee on Indian Affairs reported bill with an amendment in the nature of a substitute. Senate Report No. 107-247. [PDF – 93 KB]
- 11/20/2002 – Measure laid before Senate by unanimous consent. (consideration: CR S11793)
- 11/20/2002 – Committee amendment withdrawn by Unanimous Consent.
- 11/20/2002 – Amendment SA 4980 proposed by Senator Reid for Senator Inouye. (consideration: CR S11793) To provide a complete substitute. Approved.
- 11/20/2002 – Amendment SA 4981 proposed by Senator Reid for Senator Inouye to Amendment SA 4980. (consideration: CR S11793) To improve the bill. Approved.
- 11/20/2002 – S2711, as amended, passed Senate
- 11/22/2002 – S.2711 received in the House, referred to the House Committee on Resources. No Further Action.
HR 1662 – The Indian Health Care Improvement Act Reauthorization. Long title: A bill to improve the implementation of the federal responsibility for the care and education of Indian people by improving the services and facilities of federal Indian health programs and encouraging maximum participation of Indians in such programs, and for other purposes. Sponsor: Miller, D-Calif.