Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
#WorldHepatitisDay is July 28
Getting tested for hepatitis can help you learn if you are infected, so you can access available lifesaving care and treatment. Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver often caused by a virus. There are vaccinations and effective treatments for some types of hepatitis. It is important to know your status because many people do not know they have the virus. If you were born between 1945 and 1965, get tested for Hepatitis C today.
- White House online event, July 28th, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EDT
- General Information about Hepatitis C
- Take the Five Minute Hepatitis Risk Assessment Test
14th Annual Direct Service Tribes National Meeting
The 14th Annual Direct Service Tribes National Meeting is a two-day event is focused on supporting community wellness and strength, and will incorporate an open forum session addressing Direct Service Tribes health priorities.
- Visit the Direct Service Tribes National Meeting website for more information.
- On-line Registration Page
IHS Virtual Internship
IHS is offering youth across the globe an opportunity to join our team through the Virtual Internship program. This partnership with the US Department of State’s Virtual Foreign Service allows students to take part in enriching projects to further the IHS mission of raising the physical, mental, social, and spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level—remotely.
- Applications will be available on USAJobs.gov .
- Learn more at Virtual Foreign Service
- Find more Student Opportunities
IHS and Eye Health
Across Indian Country, IHS optometrists check vision, prevent eye diseases and dispense glasses. Make an appointment for an eye exam for yourself or a family member. Elders may need a check-up for cataracts, a condition in which the lens of the eye gets cloudy.
- Optometrists: join IHS. We are hiring!
- IHS opens a new eye care clinic in Albuquerque
- IHS prevents diabetes-related blindness with telehealth
find Health Care
Find a health care facility near you
begin Your Career
Search available jobs at IHS