Skip to site content

Military Transition

Make the Change of a Lifetime

If you are an experienced clinician leaving the armed forces, a position as a US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officer attached to an Indian health facility can be an exceptionally satisfying career transition that presents an opportunity to continue your uniformed service. The Commissioned Corps enables you to maintain your uniform service benefits and take on new responsibilities working alongside like-minded professionals who seek to make a difference in their careers and in the lives of a deserving and appreciative community.

If you seek to transition to the civil service, you’ll be pleased to know that you will receive generous federal employee benefits associated with your career path. If you choose to work for a tribe, you will negotiate your salary and benefits directly with the tribe at the time of hire.