Break the Cycle
- Discuss the importance of the prenatal and early life periods.
- Differentiate between risk and protective factors that occur in these developmental periods.
- Review the impacts of stress and trauma on the physiologic and behavioral risks for chronic disease.
- Summarize characteristics of innovative programs that have been shown to successfully modify these risks.
- Zero to Three Exit Disclaimer: You Are Leaving www.ihs.gov – A nonprofit organization that informs, trains, and supports professionals and parents in the lives of infants and toddlers.
- Nurse-Family Partnership Exit Disclaimer: You Are Leaving www.ihs.gov – A maternal and early childhood health program, fosters long-term success for first-time moms, their babies, and society.