As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
Break the Cycle
- Discuss the importance of the prenatal and early life periods.
- Differentiate between risk and protective factors that occur in these developmental periods.
- Review the impacts of stress and trauma on the physiologic and behavioral risks for chronic disease.
- Summarize characteristics of innovative programs that have been shown to successfully modify these risks.
- Zero to Three Exit Disclaimer: You Are Leaving www.ihs.gov – A nonprofit organization that informs, trains, and supports professionals and parents in the lives of infants and toddlers.
- Nurse-Family Partnership Exit Disclaimer: You Are Leaving www.ihs.gov – A maternal and early childhood health program, fosters long-term success for first-time moms, their babies, and society.