3 Girls I Know
Website of the documentary film "3 GirlsIKnow," which discusses teenage concerns about peer pressure, relationships, sexuality, pregnancy and HIV/AIDS.
AIDS Alliance for Children, Youth and Families
Provides an information network and public forum, giving voices to the needs of women, children, youth and families living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Large database focusing on up-to-date articles and the latest information surrounding antiretroviral (ARV) therapy. Provides well organized charts, diagrams, etc for the myriad of approved ARV therapies.
An HIV/AIDS resource for health professionals. Massive website contains a vast amount of clinical information, conference coverage, slide sets, clinical updates, message boards, CE/CME as well as many other useful resources.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
The Foundation aims to provide care and treatment to children and families living with HIV/AIDS and creating a future of hope for them by eradicating pediatric AIDS.
Find an HIV test site
Search database for a site near you from the National HIV Testing Database, a CDC-sponsored service available 24 hours a day.
Gay Men's Health Crisis
Provides wide-range information on HIV/AIDS ranging from prevention, treatment to insurance to homosexuals.
Curtis Hopkins HIV Guide
Contains clinically relevant information and numerous resources surrounding diagnosis, antiretrovirals, pathogens, management and viral resistance tools.
Kaiser Family Foundation
Contains facts sheets, global epidemiology and various HIV/AIDS listservs that one may join.
National HIV/AIDS Clinicians' Consultation Center
From the University of California San Francisco at San Francisco General Hospital, an AIDS Education and Training clinical resource for health care professionals. The center operates the National Clinicians' Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Hotline (PEPline), which provides free, expert advice to clinicians across the country on PrEP, an important new HIV prevention tool involving providing antiretroviral drug treatment to HIV uninfected persons to prevent HIV infection. PrEPline is available Monday through Friday, from 11 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (EST) at 1-855-448-7737. PEPline, The National Clinicians' Post-Exposure Prophylaxis Hotline (PEPline), offers clinicians up-to-the-minute advice on managing occupational exposures (i.e., needlesticks, splashes, etc.) to HIV, hepatitis and other blood-borne pathogens. It is available from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. (EST), 7 days a week at 1-888-448-4911.
National Minority AIDS Council (NMAC)
A national organization dedicated to developing leadership within communities of color to address the challenges of HIV/AIDS.
Provides wide-range and practical information for parents regarding HIV/AIDS and other health issues concerning children. Also available in Spanish.
Project Red Talon
New and expanded site
Rural Center for HIV/AIDS Prevention
Founded in 1994, the Rural Center for AIDS/STD Prevention (RCAP) promotes HIV/STD prevention in rural America to reduce HIV/STD prevalence. A joint project of Indiana University, University of Colorado, and the University of Kentucky, RCAP is headquartered at Indiana University.
State Health Facts (Kaiser Family Foundation)
This site includes state-by-state comparisons and information about new and cumulative AIDS cases, AIDS case rates, persons living with AIDS, AIDS deaths, HIV infections, HIV testing statistics and policies, additional AIDS-related state policies, Ryan White funding and funding for HIV prevention, and AIDS Drug Assistance Programs, including budget, client, and expenditure data. It is a very useful and informative site as it provides state-level information.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Health Information
From the California Department of Public Health, this sexually transmitted disease website lists individual STDs and provides links and downloads to more information about each condition.
HIV and Aging
- Strategies for Improving the Lives of Women Aged 40 and Above Living With HIV/AIDS - Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- As Women of Color Age, What Are Their HIV and Mental Health Needs?
- Taking a Sexual Assessment for Older Adults - SAMHSA
- Transgender Health and HIV - SAMHSA Adobeconnect presentation and downloadable presentation
HIV and Aging Toolkit - SAMHSA Knowledge Network
- HIV and Aging: Co-occurring Issues
- HIV and Aging: Depression, Anxiety, and Substance Abuse
- HIV and Aging: Medication Management
- Acknowledging Gender and Sex Training - online course from the Center of Excellence for Transgender Health University of California, San Francisco
- Personalized Cognitive Counseling (PCC): An Adaptation for Working with Trans Women
- Personalized Cognitive Counseling (PCC) single session counseling to reduce unprotected sex among men who have sex with men (MSM) who test for HIV.
- Access to Medical and Mental Health Services Across the HIV Care Continuum Among Young Transgender Women: A Qualitative Study
- National Transgender HIV Testing Day Toolkit -- Center of Excellence for Transgender Health, University of California, San Francisco HIV and Transgender Communities - CDC Issue Brief (562 KB)
- Implementing Comprehensive HIV and STI Programmes with Transgender People: Practical Guidance for Collaborative Interventions - United Nations Development Programme