Addressing an Epidemic: Clinicians' Role in Preventing Pertussis
Available for on-demand viewing! Pertussis webinar featuring Mark Sawyer, MD, pediatric infectious disease specialist and professor of clinical pediatrics, University of California San Diego School of Medicine. Dr. Sawyer is a distinguished member of the federal Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and President of the California Immunization Coalition (CIC).
Recommended for physicians and allied health care personnel in clinical practice, particularly:
- Physicians Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Family practice physicians
- Community clinics
- Adult medicine physicians
This 1 hour presentation, originally debuted on September 2, 2010, provides the latest information on California's 2010 pertussis epidemic including epidemiological distribution and vulnerable populations along with a detailed review of California's expanded recommendations for immunizing children and adults.
Participants will learn how to:
- recognize pertussis disease for early intervention
- get appropriate diagnostic testing
- deliver effective treatments for at-risk patients
- reduce disease transmission and
- explain Tdap and DTaP recommendations to your patients and community
This webinar is cosponsored by the California Immunization Coalition.