As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
Clinical Application Coordinator
EHR CAC & Implementation Team (EHR Essential Skills for CACs)
Implementation of an electronic medical record at any health care organization is a complex and lengthy process, requiring preparation and changes in essentially all areas of a medical facility. Rolling out an electronic record system at any facility will require a considerable training effort at the time of implementation, as well as an ongoing program of training and support.
The Clinical Application Coordinator (CAC) and members of the RPMS-EHR implementation team provide ongoing operational support for certain RPMS packages that comprise and/or interface with the Electronic Health Record. This training will provide CACs, Pharmacists, Site Managers and other Implementation Team members with basic skills for setting up and implementing the RPMS-EHR at their facility.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Provide an overview of the Resource Patient Management System Electronic Health Record (RPMS EHR)
- Review RPMS Package Optimization
- Examine the EHR framework
- Define the expectations, roles and responsibilities of the (a) "Clinical Application Coordinator" (CAC), (b) EHR "Super User", (c) Site Manager, (d) RPMS Informaticist and (e) other EHR Implementation Team Members.
- Delineate effective project management processes and techniques essential for EHR implementation and success.
- Navigate throughout EHR tabs
- Process "Notifications"
- Create or select a "Visit"
- Review "Cover Sheet" Information
- Enter "Allergies" and "Vital Signs"
- Enter and correct "Progress Notes"
- Document "Exams", "Health Factors", "Patient Education", and "Immunizations"
- Enter "Consult" requests
- Complete a "Consult"
- Perform pharmacy, laboratory, and radiology "Order Entry"
- Assign a "Purpose of Visit"
- Update the "Problem List"
- Document "Historical Services"
- Summarize basic EHR setup
- Set up a "User"
- Turn specific "Notifications" on or off
- Set, enable and disable "Order Checks"
- Enter and edit "Order Menus" and "Quick Orders"
- Set up basic document "Parameters"
- Create, edit, finish, and import a Text Integration Utility (TIU) "Template" and create TIU data objects
- Set up a "Consult" service
- Set up keys and parameters needed to enter Patient Care Component (PCC) data to include making a superbill and create an ICD-9 pick-list and patient education
- Utilize Associations
- Review Design Mode
- Create a VA Health Summary