All content on IHS.gov will written in plain language, be accurate and up-to-date.
- Spelling and grammar will be correct
- Acronyms will be spelled out in full prior to being used
- The reading order is from top to bottom, left to right
- Visual symmetry is present. Page elements should align on each page but also be consistent from page to page.
- Page under construction usage is not permitted. Pages must be in final format to be present on the IHS.gov domain.
Justification and Reasoning:
This standard ensures the content found on IHS.gov is of the highest quality and allows for consistency.