All documents posted on IHS.gov will be Section 508 compliant, in final format, and have appropriate approval from within IHS before posting.
- Documents from other web sites or organizations should be linked to the respective web site and not downloaded and placed on the IHS server.
- All documents (PDF, Word, Excel, PPT) have been verified Section 508 compliant.
- Documents must be located in the websites' respective /documents/ folder
- Documents must be of the file types Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc), Microsoft Excel (.xls) or Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt). No other formats are acceptable to post
- When a document is posted on an IHS.gov website, the document type must be listed.
Justification and Reasoning:
This standard ensures that all documents found on IHS.gov are Section 508 compliant, accurate, necessary, and in a format that is industry standard.