As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
Division of Sanitation Facilities Construction
The SFC Program supports the IHS mission by providing engineering, technical, and financial assistance to Native tribes and Alaska Native villages for cooperative development and continued operation of safe water, wastewater, and solid waste systems and related support facilities.
Eligibility for Services
To further this effort in assisting Native Americans and Alaska Natives, the SFC division has an implemented program which provides water supply and wastewater treatment facilities for individual Indian homes.
To qualify for this program, several prerequisites must be met, including the following:
- The homeowner must be a registered member of a federally recognized Native American Tribe or Alaska Native Village;
- The home and land must be owned or under a contract for purchase by federally recognized tribal entity or member of a federally recognized tribal entity;
- The home must be a new or like new, HIP, and existing homes.
- Service Area Map and Contacts Directory [PDF - 262 KB]
- Application for Services [PDF - 101 KB]
Area Office Contact Information
Mr. Johnny Taylor, PE - Director
Office of Environmental Health and Engineering
Division of Sanitation Facilities Construction 701 Market Drive
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114
Vacant - Engineer Consultant - 405-951-3863
LCDR Richard Fink, PE - Assistant Director - 405-951-3844