Having a hard time connecting with a client?
- Use effective techniques to help build relationships.
- Helps build trust and rapport with your clients.
- Listen to yourself.
- Listen to what your feelings are telling you about the interaction.
- If you keep getting the same response, you should try something new or different.
- Watch for nonverbal communication.
- Pay attention to gestures, voice tone, eye contact.
- Short, quick or passive responses let you know that you need to work on the relationship between you and your client before you can move on.
- Defensive or arguing responses are indicators as well.
- Try to understand where your client is coming from.