Audit RPMS/DMS Information
The IHS Resource Patient Management System (RPMS) can be used to extract data for an electronic audit. Tools for conducting an Audit are in the Diabetes Management System (DMS) application. These tools are updated each year along with the data form and instructions for the Annual Audit, so it is critical that your facility installs the RPMS software updates ("patches") for the current year prior to conducting an electronic Audit.
An updated addendum for Audit 2018 will be available soon.
In addition to extracting data for the Annual Audit, the Audit tools in RPMS/DMS can be used throughout the year to review data for individual patients, for the entire diabetes registry, or for selected patients.
The following resources may be helpful for using RPMS applications:
- IHS RPMS/DMS Documentation – Manuals with information about DMS and how to use it. Click on "Diabetes Management System (BDM)" for details.
- IHS RPMS/DMS Training – Information about training opportunities for DMS. Click on "Diabetes Management System" for details.
- RPMS/DMS Shortcut and Reference Manual [PDF] Exit Disclaimer: You Are Leaving www.ihs.gov – "Unofficial" DMS manual with tips and shortcuts for using DMS. Created by the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board.
- IHS iCare Website – Information about iCare, including features, support resources, and training opportunities.
- IHS EHR Website – Information about EHR, including an overview, documentation, training information, and more.
- IHS CRS Website – Information about CRS, including improvement tools, instructions for reporting, and more.
- IHS RPMS Q-Man Manuals – Documentation with detailed instructions for using RPMS Q-Man. Note: click on "Q-Man Documentation (AMQQ)".