Nutrition / Dietitian Update - March 4, 2016
- Our contact list with updates is attached, please take a look and forward back any corrections.
- Updated contact (PDF)
- I’m resending the article Stacey sent out on 2/8 (link below). We’re hopeful the author, who now works for the NIH, will be available to join our April 11th virtual meeting to share some of her learnings from the project and hear about what is happening in your t/u programs.
Emerging Opportunities for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists to Help Raise a Healthier Generation of Native American Youth Article in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Regrettably, it won’t be possible to have a virtual meeting this month. We’ll get back on track April 11th , 1-2pm. I’ll send a reminder prior and let you know if Sheila Fleischhacker, PhD JD will be joining us too.
- The adobe room for virtual meetings: http://ihs.adobeconnect.com/r3fekecjk78/ and call in number 1?800?832?0736, code *6411441#.
- Just a reminder…when you connect to the adobe room, please select use “Dial?in to Audio Conference Via Phone” option.
- Hoping National Nutrition Month to eventful for each of you. As is the case annually, the CA Area Director’s Message for March recognizes National Nutrition Month and you’ll find it posted at: http://www.ihs.gov/california/index.cfm/news-events/directors-messages/march-national-nutrition-month/
- If you have resources to that we can share on our Portal, just email and let me know.
- Find instructions on how to join our CAO Nutrition/Dietitian portal.
Beverly A. Calderon, MS, RD, CDE
California Area Indian Health Service
Health Promotion Disease Prevention
and Nutrition Consultant
1320 W. Valley Parkway Suite 309
Escondido, CA 92029
Phone: (760) 735-6884
Fax: (760) 735-6893