Nutrition / Dietitian Update - May 27, 2016
- Attached is our CA RD-Nutrition Roster (PDF), last changes were in April. Please take a look, and forward back any needed changes. Those of you receiving this email for the first time, please take a look at our roster and let me know if you wish to be added.
- If by chance, your tribal or urban organization is currently looking to add an RDN to their staff, please let me know. Why? Someone called to inquire, and connecting them directly with a program/s seems like a good next step.
- Our May 9th Nutrition Learning Basket breakout session had more than 20 participants! Thanks to all who attended, in person or by adobe connect. Please let me know if you’ve not received your CPEU certificate.
- Attached is a copy of the presentation (PDF) Sheila Fleischhacker from NIH gave on May 9th. And again, her article (PDF) – for those who’ve not received previous emails.
- Attached is a pdf copy of the presentation (PDF) Stacey Kennedy’s from CRIHB gave too on May 9th. Please email Stacey directly (Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org), if you’d like a copy of the evaluation report on the CHANGE Tool used as part of their CDC funded ACORN grant project.
- Attached (excuse the cross posting). Image (PDF) of the recently approved revised new food label, which Monica Giotta forward to the CA Diabetes list. As she mentioned more details are available at the FDA’s website:
- Attached, (DOC, PDF) for you to modify and use, an abbreviated version on how relatively new our U.S. nutrition labels are….even compared to movie trailers. It (typos and all) is a compilation of online information pulled together. Monica’s email triggered curiosity about the history, and humor in not remembering the details.
- Find instructions on how to join our CAO Nutrition/Dietitian portal.
Beverly A. Calderon, MS, RD, CDE
California Area Indian Health Service
Health Promotion Disease Prevention
and Nutrition Consultant