Nutrition / Dietitian Update - May 4, 2016
- The contact list isn’t attached, because we’ve had no changes. If I’m mistaken, please email and let me know.
- Next week is the Continuing Medical Education Best Practices & GPRA Measures Conference May 9-11 followed by Diabetes Day May 12, at the Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza in Sacramento, CAOnsite registration will be available. This year, especially exciting is a rare opportunity to hear e-Patient Dave deBronkart speak during a special lunch session on Wednesday, May 11. In his TED talk can been seen at: http://www.ted.com/talks/dave_debronkart_meet_e_patient_dave , and details how he turned to a group of fellow patients online after learning he had a rare and terminal cancer to find the medical treatment that saved his life.
Monday May 9th from 1-4 we have a breakout session, Nutrition Learning Basket. For those able to attend it is opportunity to share what's working and network. For those not able to attend you can join us via adobe connect (link and call number are below). Registered Dietitians (RDs) and dietetic technicians, registered (DTRs) can receive up to 23 continuing professional education units (CPEUs) at the Best Practices & GPRA Measures Conference, claiming only the number of hours he/she actually attended.
Just a reminder that Sheila Fleischhacker, Ph.D., J.D, Senior Public Health & Science Policy Advisor at the NIH Office Of Nutrition Research, will be joining us via adobe connect on May 9th during our Nutrition Learning Basket session. She’ll be planning to share and hear back from you too. If you’ll be joining virtually, here is adobe virtual meeting room link is, http://ihs.adobeconnect.com/r3fekecjk78/ and the call in number is 1?800?832?0736, code *6411441# .
Just a reminder…when you connect to the adobe room, please select use “Dial?in to Audio Conference Via Phone” option.
- For Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics members, the 4/28 webinar TeleDietitian: The Future of Dietitian Consulting should be available soon as a recording or under the Nutrition Consulting tab at: http://www.eatrightstore.org/search?keyword=TeleDietitian%3A+The+Future+of+Dietitian+Consulting.
- Sharing forward (thanks Monica), the attached (PDF) RD MNT billing algorithm was created by Sacramento Native American Health Center (SNAHC) and they’re sharing it with us.
- If you have resources to that we can share on our Portal, just email and let me know.
- Find instructions on how to join our CAO Nutrition/Dietitian portal.
Beverly A. Calderon, MS, RD, CDE
California Area Indian Health Service
Health Promotion Disease Prevention
and Nutrition Consultant