Nutrition / Dietitian Update - October 2, 2016
I hope this finds you well, and welcome for those receiving this group email for the first time!
Attached you’ll find the following items:
- Our most recently updated roster (PDF) is attached. Thank you all for the ongoing corrections, and if I’ve not made a change you’ve already let me know about – please reply to this email and let me know.
- A free CPEU 5-week nutrition counseling training for Dietitians will begin on 10/31, attached is the flyer (PDF). It is similar to the one provided last year, in that it is concentrated on person-centered nutrition counseling. It is different in that it will concentrated on one person-centered nutrition counseling approach, instead of introducing several. Registration is limited, please email me if you’re interested and able commit to participating each week or most weeks.
- A copy of the presentation (PDF), Mary Ann Hodorowicz RDN, MBA, CDE, CEC (Certified Endocrinology Coder) gave at AADE’s conference this year, “Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guidelines, Recommendations and Interventions to Control the A-B-C’s of T1 and T2 Diabetes in Adults”. Possibly you’ll want to email her at email@example.com to request copies of her forms that she offered to send via zip file at the end of her presentation. The zip file received has over 90 documents (pdf and word), of which some may provide be applicable to practice or provide you with new ideas.
- The 4th annual Community Wellness Forum will be held October 24 & 25 in San Diego at the Bahia, and registration for this event is now open! This event is for community members and those working in partnership with them to bring about wellness and improve the lives of California Native people. Scholarships for registration and lodging are available on a limited basis for those attending the entire 2-day event. This year, the forum will be followed by the Healthy Native Communities Partnership National Gathering at the same location, beginning on the evening of October 25 and going through the 27th. Attached you’ll find the event flyer (PDF). Regist online: https://hncpartners.wufoo.com/forms/q19k3m2o182i935/ .
- Instructions on how to join the CA Nutrition / Dietitian portal.
Beverly A. Calderon, MS, RD, CDE
California Area Indian Health Service
Health Promotion Disease Prevention
and Nutrition Consultant