Nutrition / Dietitian Update - August 8, 2018
I hope this finds each of you well, and enjoying all that you can.
Great things to share:
- Our contact list is attached, (PDF) which I neglected to include in my June update. Please email me back with any needed corrections or changes related to you and/or your clinic.
- Congratulations to Renee Ingalls, she passed the CDE exam and now is our newest Registered Dietitian Certified Diabetes Educator!
- Exciting news! Registration (online) is open for the for the upcoming Creating Community Circles for Change (C-4) September 12-14 at Lake Konocti Vista Casino Resort, with Lake County Tribal Health the host organization. Lake Konocti Vista Casino Resort has been extended lodging registration to 8/24, there direct phone number is (707)-262-3279. The agenda is attached and has with registration link. Registration is $50.00 for this community-based partnership wellness event, and covers some meals. For registration and/or discounted block room registration information please contact Margaret Bluehorse-Anderson, with Healthy Native Communities Partnership at 505.368.6568 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you, community members/partners and colleagues attend? Because we know that health is created at the level of families and communities, and community work & healthy eating go hand-in-hand. This event will filled with amazing learning and listening opportunities.
- Patricia Lavalas-Howe R.N. MSN (cc’d) with Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Primary, Rural and Indian Health Division (PRIHD), Indian Health Program (IHP) would like to hear from you if your Tribal or urban Indian clinic is using the Sweet Success DGM DM in Pregnancy program http://www.cdappsweetsuccess.org. You can reach Pat at Patricia.Lavalas-Howe@dhcs.ca.gov or phone (916) 713-862. Pat may also be emailing and/or call you.
- Update - no date yet, but we are still working on having a more CA specific recorded presentation regarding MNT Reimbursement/RD 3rd party billing. The intent is to address California issues that possibly the DDTP March Show Me the Money MNT Reimbursement 101 presentation wasn't able to address. ?
- Instructions on how to join the IHS CAO Nutrition / Dietitian portal.
Beverly A. Calderon, MS, RD, CDE
California Area Indian Health Service
Health Promotion Disease Prevention
and Nutrition Consultant
1320 W. Valley Parkway Suite 309
Escondido, CA 92029
Phone: (760) 735-6884
Fax: (760) 735-6893