Nutrition / Dietitian Update - January 2, 2018
Hi Nutrition/Dietitian Contacts,
Wishing you each a joy filled start to 2018, and welcoming two more to our contact list: Shannon Beasley RD with Toiyabe Indian Health Project and Catherine Hibbitt RD with Northern Valley Indian Health.
Here are a few early 2018 updates and requests:
- Attached is our updated contact list (PDF), ready for you to review and as needed forward back to me any changes/corrections regarding you or additions/changes to your Tribal or Urban clinic.
- Attached is the Save the Date for the May 21-24 2018 California Providers' Continuing Medical Education, with (followed by) Diabetes Day. As in prior year, no cost CPEUs will be provided for Registered Dietitians, and CMEs for others. Based on prior year approval we can anticipate over 20 CPEUs offered, covering diverse topics that apply to nutrition and dietetics. The event will again be held at the Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown, with discounted room rate deadline April 6th (please see attached Save the Date).
- I'm interested in hearing about your favorite online nutrition resources. Please email back what you find useful in facilitating your clients to learn about healthy eating. In the next update, attach a compiled resource list.
- I'm resending, the link to the Indian Health Service Dietitian and Public Health Nutritionist webpage is at: www.ihs.gov/nutrition/ This IHS webpage contains nutrition resources, training & Continuing Education Credits, and information on joining the IHS Dietitian/Nutritionist List Serve
- If you have resources to that we can share on our Portal, email to let me know.
- Instructions on how to join the IHS CAO Nutrition / Dietitian portal.
Beverly A. Calderon, MS, RD, CDE
California Area Indian Health Service
Health Promotion Disease Prevention
and Nutrition Consultant
1320 W. Valley Parkway Suite 309
Escondido, CA 92029
Phone: (760) 735-6884
Fax: (760) 735-6893